The Yuba Water Agency Board of Directors has approved a new strategic plan to guide the agency’s decision-making and investments over the next five years.
“This plan is the result of many hours of work by both this board and agency staff and is a comprehensive and effective blueprint for the next several years,” said Yuba Water Board Chairman Gary Bradford.
The 2023-2027 plan maintains Yuba Water’s existing mission and vision statement and includes six updated, overarching strategic priorities with 25 supporting objectives and 106 action-based strategies to guide implementation. The plan also outlines budgeting and resource allocation priorities.
The plan’s six overarching strategic priorities are:
- Provide planning, funding and other support for responsible flood risk management to continue decreasing flood risk in Yuba County to the lowest possible level.
- Maintain and enhance the delivery of a reliable water supply for the people of Yuba County.
- Operate the Yuba River Development Project and its power system for safety, regulatory compliance, water supply and power reliability in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Obtain a new Federal Energy Regulatory Commission license for the Yuba River Development Project and Narrows 1 powerhouse at a reasonable cost, under favorable terms that are protective of the environment.
- Further develop Yuba Water’s organizational capabilities to efficiently support operations.
- Proactively engage in developing a robust, diverse Yuba County economy and improve the overall well-being of Yuba County residents by investing in projects that offer strategic benefit and regulatory security.
“Strategic planning is fundamental to the success and longevity of any business, and we take that seriously here at Yuba Water,” said Assistant General Manager Terri Daly. “This plan is a living document that sets the policy direction and priorities for us and will be an important anchor for us as we plan for the future.”
The 2023-2027 strategic plan is an update to the agency’s previous five-year plan and was developed during several dedicated special board meetings over the last year. The complete plan is available on the agency’s website.
About Yuba Water Agency
Yuba Water Agency was created in 1959 to reduce flood risk and ensure a reliable and sustainable water supply for the benefit and prosperity of the people of Yuba County. For more than 60 years, Yuba Water has operated in a professional, proactive and responsible manner to tackle the complex challenges of water resource management. Looking to the future, Yuba Water is focused on ensuring its projects, programs and community investments have a direct impact on improving the quality of life for Yuba County residents.