Yuba Water Agency’s Sponsorship Program exists to help educate the public about our mission areas and programs through a one-time grant to public agencies, tribes, educational or nonprofit community organizations, or to support public events that benefit these types of community organizations.
Sponsorship amounts directly correlate to the promotional and educational benefits of the event or opportunity. Note, the agency cannot make donations. Sponsorship requests above $2,500 require approval by the Yuba Water Board of Directors and will be made in an open, transparent manner at a regular or special board meeting.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Sponsorships must target Yuba County residents, or educate and advance Yuba Water’s mission areas.
- Sponsorships are intended for public agencies, educational or non-religious community nonprofit organizations, or for a public, community event.
- Sponsorships must avoid any perception of favoritism or any type of bias or discrimination.
- The sponsorship amount requested should be reasonable given the number of people who will be exposed to the message or the value of the target audience hearing those messages.
- Sponsorships must avoid supporting and endorsing, or the perception of supporting or endorsing, any political candidate, issues or campaign, or any religion or religious point of view.
- Sponsorship requests must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event or activity being sponsored.
- Sponsorship requests must be in writing using the sponsorship application on Yuba Water’s website.
Yuba Water reserves the right to decline sponsorship to any organization if the purpose is not eligible, if the request is not consistent with the Agency Act and this policy, if Yuba Water lacks available funding, or for other reason in the Agency’s sole discretion.
Please fill out the online form to apply, and if you have materials that describe the event or opportunity, the available sponsorship opportunities, levels and associated promotional benefits to help us make this decision, please upload them where indicated.
If you have any questions, or need help with the form, please contact our staff for assistance.