Section 4.0 - Eligibility
*The Yuba Water Agency Board of Directors adopted a new Community Impact Grant and Loan Program Policy on October 6, 2020. Please be advised this webpage is currently under development and content is subject to change without notice. For more information, contact Jim Mitrisin via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for grant or loan funding, the requesting entity shall be one or more of the following:
- A local government agency within Yuba County.
- A tax-exempt non-profit corporation or entity that the federal Internal Revenue Service has determined is exempt from federal income tax, working in Yuba County.
- A Yuba County Native American tribe.
- A local government agency eligible for a Bill Shaw Rescue Equipment and Training Grant (See Section 3.0 (F).
To be eligible for grant or loan funding, the applicant’s project or program must align with one or more of the areas of funding described in section 3.0 of this policy and:
- The grant or loan funding must further, and be consistent with, the Agency’s purposes and mission as set forth in the Agency Act or other state law;
- The project or program must be financially feasible and economically justified;
- The project or program must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and the provisions of this policy;
- The project or program must further and be consistent with the priorities and objectives in the current Agency Strategic Plan;
- If applicable, the project or program must be listed in and consistent with the current Yuba Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (IRWMP).
Community Impact Grant and Loan Program Policy Appendices:
- Section 1.0 - Purpose of the Community Impact Grant and Loan Program Policy
- Section 2.0 - Annual Allocation of Funds
- Section 3.0 - Areas of Funding
- Section 4.0 - Eligibility
- Section 5.0 - Authority to Approve Grants and Loans
- Section 6.0 - Authority to Decline a Grant or Loan Application or Approve Funding
- Section 7.0 - Delegation of Grant Program Management
- Section 8.0 - Integrated Regional Water Management
- Section 9.0 - Application Acceptance Windows, and General Review Process
- Section 10.0 - Delegation of Authority to Prepare and Approve Grant and Loan Agreements
- Section 11.0 - Final Report
- Section 12.0 - Policy Waiver